The Problem With Diesel
The diesel engine serves as the workhorse for industry and is used globally for trucking, shipping, rail, electricity generation and any other task requiring reliable power. However, continued use of diesel fuel presents many challenges. Diesel fuel:
- Degrades the environment through the emission of greenhouse gases and particulate matter,
- Is poisonous and pollutes water and soil if leaked,
- Requires layers of anti-pollution devices,
- Uses 2 to 8 liters of purified water for every liter of diesel produced,
- Fosters dependence on volatile Middle East oil reserves.